The Gaspar Team Picks
If you’re looking for something to do around the house, we’ve got you covered. Here is a collection of ideas and recommendations from our team to you of various things to do while at home. We’re all just trying to make the best of a terrible situation. We hope that you enjoy our suggestions! Please stay safe and healthy.
- Skribbl.io – it’s like Pictionary and we play it while zooming
- Zoom Happy Hour – have a theme like “Wear a hat”
- Start a series you haven’t seen before
- Read a good book
- Take a break from TV and read some good books
- Do street chalk with the kids on the sidewalk
- Bake cookies with the kids
- Watch live concerts on YouTube
- Tiger King on Netflix
- Try this amazing bread recipe
- Watch Some Good News on YouTube
- Play card games
- Play Yahtzee online and via zoom
- Take a walk in the neighborhood
- Eat dinner as a family (we couldn’t always before!)
- Play instruments, or learn one
- Learn a new language
- At home workouts. Youtube is great for all of those
- Take lots of walks
- Nurture your inner chef and cook
- Play High/Low at the dinner table Each person tells the family the high point of their day as well as the low point. We discuss the highs and lows. We all learn from them and how we could have done better or praise them for doing something so great.
- Game nights with the family
- Try new recipes
- Take an afternoon break and take a walk with your dog
- Grow plants and garden
- Make a DIY pet bed
- Spelling bee contest and tic tac toe over Facetime
- Yoga at home – there’s a ton on YouTube!
- Drizzle toppings on popcorn! Sometimes I drizzle Trader Joe’s salted caramel on top, sometimes I put some Japanese Furikake & sesame oil on there.