We are pleased to offer pet insurance through our trusted partner, Nationwide Insurance. Ensure that your furry loved ones are covered in times of illness, injury, and when they need wellness care. Your pets can have nose-to-tail coverage for everything from shots to surgeries. Plus, you’re free to use any vet, anywhere.
Plans are available for dogs, cats, birds and exotic pets.
Get a quote today by using our link below and receive a 5% discount just for Gaspar Insurance Customers.
Need Help? Call 1-844-397-8939
Frequently Asked Questions
Please direct questions to 1-844-397-8939 and speak directly with a Nationwide pet agent. When you do, remember to tell them you’re with Gaspar Insurance Services for your discount.
How does it work?
Take your pet to any licensed vet. Then, file a claim in just two easy steps:
1. Pay your veterinarian at the time of treatment.
2. Send in your claim form along with your invoice(s) to Nationwide. They take it from there. They’ll process your claim and mail or electronically deposit your reimbursement faster than a beagle can sniff out a treat! * * For eligible conditions.
Can I use my vet?
Absolutely. You’re free to visit any licensed veterinarian, anywhere in the world—even specialists and emergency providers.
How does the reimbursement work?
There are two kinds of reimbursement, so you can choose what works best for your budget.
• Whole Pet with Wellness plan reimburses 50, 70 or 90% of what you paid your veterinarian. *
• Major Medical plan and Pet Wellness plan reimburse according to a benefit schedule, which caps reimbursement at a set amount for each condition or service.
• With all plans, simply pay your veterinarian at the time of treatment, and then send Nationwide the invoice. They’ll send you a reimbursement check less any applicable deductible. ** * Items such as grooming, tax, waste disposal, boarding, or pre-existing conditions are not eligible for coverage. See policy documents for a complete list of exclusions. ** For eligible conditions.
How long does it take to get my reimbursements back?
Turn-around time varies, but in most cases, it’s within 30 days. If you haven’t received a reimbursement or been notified by that time you can check the status on your member portal or give Nationwide a call.
How do I file a claim?
Send Nationwide a claim for reimbursement via mail or email.
• Mail: Nationwide Claims Dept., P.O. Box 2344, Brea, CA 92822-2344
• Email: email@example.com Track claim status on your Nationwide Pet Account Access page at my.petinsurance.com. Please allow 48 hours from the time you submit your claim for it to appear online.
Does Nationwide pet insurance work like an HMO?
No. We think all decisions about your pet’s care should be between you and your veterinarian. With all our plans, you’re free to visit any vet and choose the course you feel is best for your pet. Simply pay your veterinarian at the time of treatment and send us the invoice for reimbursement.
What does it cover?
We offer plans with coverage for everything from acupuncture to anal glands to ACL tears.
• Want coverage for the whole kitten ca-poodle? Our Whole Pet with Wellness plan covers accidents, illnesses and wellness care.
• Looking for accident and illness coverage only? Check out our Major Medical plan.
• Just want coverage for routine stuff like checkups and vaccinations? Our Pet Wellness plan has two levels to choose from. For more detailed information, please see the “What’s Covered” page on the website.
What doesn’t it cover?
Like all pet insurers, we don’t cover taxes, waste, grooming, boarding, or pre-existing conditions. But unlike other pet insurers, we have plans that cover pretty much everything else. That includes hereditary and congenital conditions, wellness care, exam fees and much more. Find a plan that covers what you’re looking for or check out our “What’s Covered” page on the my.petinsurance.com website.
Once I enroll, how long before my policy is effective?
The Whole Pet with Wellness and Major Medical plans have a 14-day waiting period once your application is approved and we receive payment. The Wellness plan coverage begins 24 hours after your policy has been issued and we’ve received payment.
Will you drop a pet from coverage because of age?
Never. As long as your pet is enrolled before age 10 and you keep your policy continually in force (translation: don’t let it lapse or expire). After all, we’re pet lovers, too!
Do I need to re-enroll every year?
No. Once enrolled, the policy will renew automatically each year.
What is the vethelpline and how does it work?
Veterinary professionals are available 24/7 through vethelpline, a service provided exclusively for Nationwide pet insurance members. You can get live help with any pet health concern, including identifying urgent care needs.
Can I make changes to my policy?
You can make changes to your policy during your policy renewal period. All changes are subject to underwriting approval.
Can I transfer my policy to someone else if they take my pet?
Yes, you can transfer the policy to someone else.
Can I cancel my policy before the term is up?
Absolutely. You can cancel anytime at my.petinsurance.com or by letting us know in writing. We even have a 100% money-back guarantee if you cancel within 10 days* of when your policy went into effect and we haven’t reimbursed you for any claims in that time. If you decide to cancel later on, no problem—we’ll simply refund your unused premium. * Terms may vary by state.
If I have a pet other than a dog or cat, can I enroll?
Yes! If you want coverage for your bird, rabbit, reptile or other exotic pet, you’ll find it only with Nationwide. To enroll in an Avian & Exotic Pet Plan, call 1-844-397-8939 to speak to a Nationwide pet insurance agent or see the “Bird & Exotic Pet Insurance” page on the website.
Who else can I speak with to get more details before purchasing a policy?
You can call 1-844-397-8939 and speak directly with a Nationwide pet agent. When you do, remember to tell them you’re with Gaspar Insurance Services.