Entry Level Sales Representative – Full Time
Gaspar Insurance and USLI’s 50/50 Program
We are seeking energetic, dynamic, competitive individuals who are passionate about sales and ready to jump-start their careers in the insurance industry in this entry level position. Each candidate will be a part of the 50/50 Program, a rigorous two-year training-and-development program designed to mold candidates into elite salespeople who can drive new business opportunities. As part of the program, candidates are paired with two experienced salespeople who will act as mentors and leaders. These people are dedicated to the candidate’s long-term success and will provide intensive hand-on training to develop superior sales habits.
Who We Are:
Gaspar Insurance Services is a full-service insurance agency specializing in protecting individuals and businesses of all sizes. We are headquartered in Woodland Hills, California with branches in Simi Valley, California and in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, We offer protection to clients nationwide. Our independent agents shop A-rated carriers to find the best possible protection at unbeatable rates. We aim to build personal relationships with clients while delivering world class service.
- Two weeks PTO (80 hours)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance eligible to enroll following 30 days of employment
- 401K with company match eligible after 90 days of employment
- Weekly yoga
- Break room with stocked with snacks
- Team building events and parties
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Personal growth/Training courses
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude, a desire for coaching and a strong work ethic are essential
- College degree or completion of military/other industry training program preferred
- Local and overnight travel may be required
- This is not a work from home position
- Target small accounts for USLI and prospect for a portfolio of products. For example: Liquor/Hospitality which would encompass retail stores, restaurants, bars, special events and fraternal clubs or Non-Profit Directors and Officers Liability.
- Build a database of expiration dates by making a minimum of 50 phone calls each day. This number may change as they begin to sell.
- Begin submission process over the phone 90 days in advance of their expiration date.
- Obtain quotes via USLI web and phone quoting.
- Have a closing ratio of 25.00% or better.
- Pursue continuing education and insurance designations/licenses as outlined in the training and development plan. This will require self-study.
Base Salary of $40,000.00 per year + Commission
The 50/50 Program is a joint venture between USLI and Gaspar Insurance. Candidates should be prepared for a challenge, as the program is rigorous but equally rewarding for those who complete it.